Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'm bored, I'm so bored



They say that only boring people get bored.


But Sherlock gets bored, so obviously someone is wrong.  ALERT, SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET.

I'm bored, because moving to a new city all by yourself can be very lonely and boring, full of days and nights sitting in your bedroom waiting for something to happen.  There is nothing glamorous about that, but it is the truth.
I can feel the adrenaline through all my limbs, my fingers and toes, but it stops there.  I think I share a problem with the two characters above; if I am not currently invested in some problem, some drama, some high paced adventure, I cannot be not invested in anything.
DC is exciting, surely.  But it is lonely and quiet for a singular individual.  As much as I have friends here, I only have a few and their lives are not affected by my presence.  So anything I want to do is a lonely and calming experience. Boo, hiss.

Sitting in silence has given an opportunity for prayer and healthy reflection however.  I am not getting into trouble.  Truth of the matter though, is that this is because there is no trouble for me to get into, and not because I've suddenly approached sainthood.  

On Monday I start and internship on the Hill.  That should definitely change everything, and I welcome the change.  Hopefully the change will be a positive one.  We'll see.

One of my dear idiotic friends once said to me, "It's always 'We'll see,' with you, isn't it?"
To this I reply, "Duh. I can't predict the future, stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment